It all started 1964
With more than three decades of experience as a professional golfer, instructor, course worker, leader, course developer, and club director, I am one of the very few in Golf Sweden who can claim to possess a comprehensive competence in golf.
To say that I have a passionate love for golf is no exaggeration. My many years of experience as a TV commentator and from coaching, including the Swedish golf team, contribute to my ability to get my message across in an effective way.
"The feeling when the ball hits the clubhead and the sound of impact and ball flight is like poetry."
Employments and Experiences
Since August 2014, I have primarily worked as a golf consultant through my own company, Magnus Sunesson Natural Golf AB. In this role, I help golf clubs optimize their operations.
In most cases, it is the course that is developed, optimized, and quality assured. The course is adapted for all categories of golfers. Several customers want more fast-paced courses. Some want clearer and more defined holes. Everyone wants to reduce maintenance costs while at the same time getting a better quality of the playing surfaces.
I help the clubs with this and can boast 100% customer satisfaction. To date, forty clubs have hired me. On my website www.golfkonsult.com, among other things, there is a small booklet I have written about the development of golf courses.
Greenkeeper at Rya GK
In order to further educate myself in course maintenance, I got to work with everything within course maintenance under the leadership of Bevan Tattersal during the summer of 2017. Barsebäck arranged the Scandinavian Masters and Team-SM where I had a responsible role regarding the cutting of the course during both competitions. Initiated and implemented new cutting lines on some holes on the Masters course. The holes became more defined and visually clearer to the delight of members and guests.
Assignments, education, etc.
- Two semesters 3-year economic line 1981
- Empirical research from 1982 to the present day.
- Communication and leadership. Educator Claes Ridell 1994
- Presentation technique. Educator Claes Ridell 1994
- STU course. Special Trainer Training. Educators SGF & PGA. 1995-1996
- NLP Step 1. Neuro Linguistic Programming. Educators Truls Fleiner & Jorunn
- Sjöbakken 1996
- NLP Step 2. Communication and Change. Educators Fleiner & Sjöbakken. 1997
- PGA´s training week 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 2000, 2001 and 2004.
- PGA South's training days on several occasions.
- Crisis management. Educator National Sports Association. 2002
- Influence of intuition. Educator Fredrik Praesto. 2002
- Revenue Management. Educator Fredrik Örnrup. 2012
- Started Magnus Sunesson Natural Golf AB 1991.
- Member of the Swedish PGA. Professional Golfers Association.
- Had Kjell Enhager as a personal coach for three years during my time as a player.
- Author of the book Svensk Golfträning - Spelstrategi och Taktik. 2000 SISU Sports Books.
- Author of the script and participation in Active Golf. Instructional DVD & CD-ROM. 03.
- Radio commentator at Solheim Cup 2003.
- Product developer for Stadium 2001-2004 when we developed the own golf brand 4D.
- Responsible for Jesper Parnevik Golf Camps for three years.
- National team player boy, junior and men before I became professional.
- Represented Sweden in YJVM 1980, YJEM 1980, JEM 1981 and a Continental match in the Senior National Team 1982.
- Have held about 50 lectures on various topics within golf over the years.
- Recipient of the LISA medal twice. Landskrona's best athlete.
- Swedish Champion in hickory golf 2015 and 2016
- Hcp 0.5
- Holds one of the Swedish Golf Association's highest awards, the Elite Badge.
- Board member of Golffrämjandet since 2013.
- Board member of SGT AB. 1995-1996